Saturday, January 17, 2009

part of something

Something that makes me laugh is when the puppies start howling for no reason. I guess one of them thinks there's a reason, so he starts the noise, but then the others just chime in because they feel compelled to participate just to be good friends and not because they actually know what they're howling about.

The funniest thing is that Little Puppy, who has special privileges, is often in another room entirely when the howling starts and she will chime in too, even though she can't even have the slightest clue what the cacophony is about. She knows it's bad too. She howls with her pointy little nose in the air and watches me out of the corner of her eye while she does, waiting to see if I'm going to tell her to stop.

Sometimes I do. But mostly it's so funny that I don't.


*

No comments: