Saturday, January 10, 2009

pacific underwater

A few days without answering the phone does wonders. Shawn has been taking the calls and acting as the messenger for a few days now and it takes enormous pressure off. I'm so lucky he's willing to step in when needed. I wouldn't blame him if he didn't want to.

I have felt my mental health recharging like health recharges in Shawn's video games. Each hour that passes peacefully restores another health point. I feel better now. Not well enough to start answering the phone again, but well enough not to wonder what it feels like to smoke crack.

Okay that's an exaggeration. But that's the idea. Well enough not to be stupid. Well enough to do my homework and to laugh and to think about other things.

*

And so, in that vein, this post isn't about The Drama.

It's about tiles. We went to a tiling course at Home Depot this afternoon so we could learn about what is entailed in tiling a room. We've been considering doing our own tiling in the kitchen instead of hiring something. It's SO expensive to hire someone. And I actually LIKE doing those kinds of things myself anyway. Seriously.

We haven't decided if we're brave enough to do it ourselves for sure. But we're thinking about it.


*

No comments: