Friday, September 01, 2006

charcoal and pencil

Shawn got a raise. His boss emailed to tell him, since he's on holidays. He was surprised because it wasn't evaluation time at his office - but I am not surprised because he has recently taken on a lot more responsibility and has been made a Team Leader. He says he doesn't like managing other people because he just wants to do his own work, but I think he's probably exactly the right kind of person to manage others because he doesn't get any kind of ego-kick out of the "status" of a job like that, he just wants everyone to work hard and do a good job together. He likes to bring them TimBits in the mornings and whisper his wishes sweetly while they consume large quantities of fat and sugar, making them too lethargic to disagree with him. R calls him "The Artist Whisperer". I think he deserves the raise. It's amazing to see how far he's come in the last few years. I don't think I could be more proud of him.

No comments: