Friday, September 22, 2006

It's the weekend, and I know that you're free.

Still raining.

Tomorrow Shawn's Dad is coming to visit. Shawn is going to pick him up at the airport so he's going to miss both my coffee-house tunes and our pilates class. I've decided to do both by myself, anyway, and meet them at home afterward. It won't cut into the visit much. I enjoy Shawn's Dad; there's so much in common between the two of them. I love watching them together; I love how happy Shawn is to have his Dad here. He's only staying one night and then going to visit his parents... but he'll stop to see us again on his way home next weekend and stay another night then. I have the thrilling task of tidying up the house in preparation for the visit. Fortunately, things around here aren't bad right now. Most of the untidiness is the puppies' fault. They never put their toys back in the toybox when they're done playing. So I'll put away the puppy toys and vaccuum a bit.

I have a haircut planned in the afternoon. I got brave enough to cut my hair shorter awhile ago, which wasn't really short, but short for me. For someone who has had hair down the middle of her back since childhood, a just-touching-the-shoulders kind of cut seems drastic. Anyway, I dared to do it awhile back, but now it's just as long as it ever was again. Sometimes I really want to be the kind of girl who clips out pictures from fashion magazines and gives them to the stylist and says, "Make me look like this." But I don't really have that kind of self-confidence (make me look like this!) and I'm also honest enough with myself to know that no matter what kind of haircut I get, my hair will be back in a ponytail within a couple of days. I think today I'll pretend I have laryngitis and just nod to whatever she suggests doing with my mop.

Lastly, and strangely, I was wrong again about Shawn not having been successful in getting something I wrote published on my behalf. He did. Imagine my surprise.




*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shawn can do anything, even count all the grains of sand on the beach in one second.

mischief said...

I wonder why he's so smart.