Friday, September 08, 2006

... and maybe they'd be happy.... for awhile.

I tried to work on the writing. I even called the client, partly for clarification and partly just to convince both of us that I was making progress. He seemed convinced, but I'm not.

Then when I hung up, the phone rang in my hand and it was a theatre back home asking permission to use my script for an upcoming show. This script was never formally published and still belongs to me rather than the theatre company that planned to commission the writing of it, which means royalties are mine, not to be split with a zillion other agents, hurrah.

They also invited me to be a guest director. I quickly granted permission to use the script and vetoed the notion of directing it myself. Directing it would mean living apart from Shawn again and I have had enough of that for this lifetime. I wish this had happened prior to the radio interview, since I was under the distinct impression that when I spoke about 52 Summers Ago, Ty thought I was referring to the last time I had contributed something to the theatre community. It feels about that long. It's nice to feel like the work is still alive and breathing, even though I stopped giving it the kiss of life.

No comments: