Thursday, August 31, 2006

Fifty ways to love your Lisa - or twelve things you can throw back in my face when you're drunk.

I have blue eyes and a halo of mousy brown fire.
I am 5 foot 4 but I would like to be taller.
I am physically fit but completely unathletic.
I got married when I was 28 to my first real boyfriend.
I broke up with my boyfriend dozens of times before we married.
I am 1/4 Scottish, 1/4 French, 1/4 Dutch, and 1/4 Egyptian and completely Canadian.
I used to love beer but now I prefer red wine.
I took classical guitar lessons in my twenties.
I play classical guitar poorly and folk guitar passably.
I can play the harmonica but haven't done it in years.
I do not like sweets but I love popcorn.
I used to dye my hair red but now I am a natural mouse.
I have nine piercings - I removed two awhile ago.
I have only one tattoo.
Italian food is one of my most favourites.
I like to read novels but rarely read nonfiction.
I have had three scripts published by a university press.
I love writing but tend not to finish things when I get off-track.
I brush my teeth too hard and have caused striations on my molars.
The first language I learned was not English but now I use it almost exclusively.
I am mistrustful of organized religions but I have beliefs that I value.
I never raise my voice to my husband or my students.
When I'm mad I cry. (I hate that!)
I have grown more emotional and sensitive as I've gotten older.
The only things I own worth more than $1000 are my house and my engagement ring.
I believe in some kinds of magic.
I am scared of movies about supernatural phenomenon.
I have had two root canals. Gross.
I love sushi but have no one who enjoys it with me.
I smoked casually for about twelve years but now I don't smoke ever.
I was briefly homeless when I ran away from my parents' house.
I am not very good at domestic tasks.
I wanted to learn to paint but I wasn't very good at it.
I wanted to be an astronomer until I learned there was math involved.
I travelled with a comedy tour and did stand up. It was depressing.
An actor I dated was in Brokeback Mountain.
I talk to my puppies incessantly.
My husband says I'm beautiful but I think I'm ordinary-looking.
I don't wear nailpolish because I'm too lazy to do it.
I am tempted to believe in reincarnation.
I don't use drugs and even avoid over-the-counter medicine when possible.
Autumn is my favourite time of year, but October makes me sad.
I am shy in small groups, outgoing in large groups.
I rarely eat meat.
I like to sing best when no one is around.
Sometimes I get paid to sing in a coffee shop.
I enjoy spending time alone.
I am in love.
I still have a lot of important things to do in my life.
I am mostly happy with who I am becoming.

No comments: