Tuesday, August 29, 2006

can i find a candle of thought

The car wasn't in as bad shape as I feared. A friendly man called me with an estimate and said he needs to keep her overnight. That means the shiny little Suzuki Swift in my garage is mine for another day. Well. I shouldn't take so much pleasure in cheating on my car, but this little thing is nice. I wonder if they make a manual version.

Shawn and I went to the breakfast place and he was gleeful over his waffles.

Then I drove the Suzuki downtown and successfully found the office I was looking for yesterday (and apparently drove by it about four times because it was right there), acquired the forms I needed, and realised that I could not fill them out fully because I have lost my permanent professional certificate. Ugh. So I brought the forms home with me instead of leaving them with the personnel lady and called the OTHER office to find out how to get a new certificate. It's unfortunate that I'm so scatterbrained sometimes. These kinds of things cost money and even more time. I did manage to get the forms filled out, however, with the help of a friendly voice on the phone who gave me the secret information I was seeking, and also managed to fill out a request for a new certificate which I will not lose.

Now I'm going to the dentist for my six month checkup. Yuk. I don't like this dentist who misdiagnosed my need for root canal back in January and then went on holidays while I got sick. It isn't that I blame her for mistakes or for having holidays. It's the fact that she called me a liar when I said it was hurting (even though she was joking, it wasn't funny) and chose to leave me in pain rather than refer me to someone else when she went out of town.

Back then, I swore to myself that I would find a new dentist before my six month checkup came due, and true to form, I forgot. So now I'm going to see her again, rather than miss my appointment because I am neurotic about having clean teeth. However, I am bound and determined that this will be the LAST time we see each other. I will find a new dentist!

When I called Shawn to tell him about the estimate on the car, he mentioned that he was thinking of taking Thursday and Friday off. Monday is a holiday because of Labour Day, so that will make a five day weekend if he gets his approval. I hope he does! Five days together would be perfect.

J called just now, just to chat, and that was nice. I do miss her. It's funny that I see her and talk to her more now, in different cities, than I did when I lived seven minutes away.

It feels like things have gotten back to normal and I like it that way. I like my plain old ordinary life.

No comments: