Sunday, February 24, 2013

Filtered

I would like to convince you that I have, in fact, been thinking about filters all this time, but I am not going to lie to you.  I have thought about filters a little.  And not enough.  What I thought about is just that I look through the same filter through which I am seen, and so the way you see me impacts who I think I am and vice versa.  It is simple really, and it means you are mostly right.  I am not special.  It is just that I have been the DOC for a lot of addicts, and addicts are effusive when they are under the influence.  And I am initially buoyed by it - and then disappointed when I recognize what it is.  And the more addicts profess undying devotion, the more I know something is wrong with me; I am not a healthy habit.  That is what my filter is.  It is a net that catches things eventually after a few slip through.


*

No comments: