Monday, February 12, 2007

memories like fingerprints

Today was hectic. I had a dispute with a Ritalin-soaked nine year old about doing homework before playing football which resulted in him having a small meltdown. I hate stuff like that because it invariably starts as something moderately minor and fairly unimportant that escalates into something major that has to be dealt with. Little do these kids realise how fundamentally non-confrontational (lazy) I really am; how much I would truly prefer not to deal with things. But once he'd crumpled up his papers and thrown a tantrum I was forced to do deal with it. Sigh.

With that all behind us, I went to the skating rink with the kids for Phys. Ed. where a girl promptly had her neck cut by skate blade. Not enough to be anything serious, but enough to warrant some loud sobbing, lots of concerned rubbernecking, a phone call home, and an accident report filled out in triplicate. Sigh.

I was glad to come home at the end of the day. And it's still Monday.

*

Tonight I'm supposed to take Little Puppy to Rally class but I don't want to. It's horrendously cold out... it's snowing... and we have Peanut Butter cups in the cupboard. How am I supposed to go anywhere? I wanted Shawn to help get me motivated to go... but instead he said Do you want me to make hot chocolate? I'm pretty sure we're staying in tonight.

*

Tomorrow morning I have a meeting with K and a client for whom I am writing some scripts. This meant having to take the morning off school - and then I'll have to return for the afternoon. Today I learned that I get one half a day's sick leave every nine days. It seems excessive... but how nice to know I am a real person who can get ill once again! K and I are meeting for breakfast for a pre-meeting meeting. He says he'll phone when he gets close to where I live. I wish I had a more precise start time to my day.... I could be wasting valuable sleeping time.

*

Today when I got home I found that my complaint had been addressed, even though no one had actually taken the time to tell me so. So I don't know if the decision was made by the owner or by the author. And I guess it doesn't matter. I'm just glad it's done.

No comments: