Sunday, February 25, 2007

goddamn right, it's a beautiful day

*

I realised the other day that I haven't been singing/guitaring for weeks and weeks and weeks. I haven't even called to tell them where I've been. I think we've mutually left each other. A painless breakup.

There are only three days left in my current teaching contract and I think I am going to be very glad to leave these little ones behind me. Though they are interesting and funny and I've begun to enjoy them, they are also exhausting and germy. The new contract starts the following week, but only two days a week. I think I'm going to love having only two days a week of planned work and having the other three flexible. Seems like such a nice balance. I hope it feels right.


*

Somehow I managed to choose the busiest restaurant in the city last night. We arrived at 6:00 and weren't seated until 7:00. It took another hour from the time we ordered for our meals to arrive because the kitchen was so busy. In the end it was a wonderful meal but by the time we got home we were both feeling a little green from eating too much rich food, having overindulged after allowing ourselves to get so hungry.

I'm repenting today with chicken and broccoli. Shawn is being dragged along for the ride in spite of the fact that he just asked me if I wanted to order a pizza tonight. Shawn is a very bad influence when it comes to eating healthy food.


*


My birthday is looming ahead. I spent another confused week thinking I was turning 34 instead of 33. I don't know why my brain keeps doing that, trying to age me faster. But, it's such a nice feeling to suddenly come to the realization that you are younger than you thought. Ever since we started talking about the possibility of having a baby one day, time seems tight. And seems to be moving along faster than ever.


*

We went to peek at our new house again today and found that the builders have finally locked the front door. Presumably this means they are making progress or at least have done some work worth protecting. By peeping through the hole where a deadbolt does not yet exist, we could see that insulation has been added and sheets of drywall are lying around waiting to be attached. Progress!

It seems ridiculous that we should be considering moving to another city (let alone country) while we are the process of building our dream home. And yet the possibility exists. If only we could take the house with us. It's certainly not the city I've grown attached to... just to my dreams of a jetted hottub, high ceilings, and beautiful hardwood floors. I wonder when we became so greedy.

*

My "walking" pneumonia is receding. The cough is not so deep, the fevers have stopped. Energy levels are becoming normal again. I haven't been so sick in a long long time. The antibiotics, in spite of being the same family as the erythromycin that I am allergic to, seem to be helping and causing no allergic reactions. I feel less and less like hurling myself out the window with each passing day. Things are looking up.






2 comments:

Dolphin said...

Dear Heart,

I'm sorry I've not been around. So much I wish we could chat easily when either of us was available, instead of the stumbling around in the ether trying to catch up with one another the way we do. :)

I don't know all your worries right now, and though I'm sorry to hear you've been ill, I'm far sorrier to see you have been struggling. I'm glad things are looking up. Somehow they always do, eventually.

I'm on MSN a LOT more than I have been in some time. Please look for me whenever you have a moment. More, so much more to say, of course. Be well until we find each other again.

me

mischief said...

Hi Dolphin-girl,
I'm happy to hear you've been well enough to come back online. Busy as Life has become it's unsurprising we haven't managed to reconnect, but I'm looking forward to it in the future.

*loves*