Friday, January 12, 2007

fallen from grace

Sometimes I let myself get so tired that I can't go to bed. That's the kind of tired when you fall asleep on the couch and start drooling and you hear a little noise that makes one of your eyes open halfway and you realise that it hurts your neck to sleep like that but you're too tired to stand up and brush your teeth and put on your pajamas or even to pull the blanket over yourself. Sometimes I let myself get that tired.

When I'm tired like that I think it would feel good to be picked up and carried to bed and tucked in. I can remember watching my parents do that with my sister when she was small. I would close my eyes and pretend to be asleep too in hopes they'd carry me in as well but I think I was too old for that by then because they would tell me to wake up. It's too bad that by the time you're old enough to understand how sweet it is to be carried to bed, you're already too old for that.


*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thats like soo unbelieveably true. I remember watching my parents do that to my sisters and wishing i was just that bit slimmer so they would pick me up too. Ah well. Not much point in lamenting now.