Wednesday, January 10, 2007

But you can't predict the weather, Ms. Jackson

I've been working from home so far this week. I was kind of hoping today would be an "out" day, but I don't think it's going to be after all. I suppose this is for the best given the driving conditions. Last night we were hit by a blizzard and it is now -25° C and there's a foot of snow on the driveway. My poor little car is probably happier in the garage, and truth be told I'm somewhat happier myself at home with the fireplace going. But it still makes me feel like something is missing.

I did manage to get my six articles written, and a bonus seventh, which means I'll get paid - but it seems like something isn't right when I'm home so much. Especially on the heels of a holiday.

Yesterday I spent most of the day cleaning up the house for the realtor so he could come and take tantalizing photographs of it. Our house is so sad. Because we decided fairly soon after moving in that we were going to move again, we never put up any pictures on the walls, never decorated anything. It's just bland sea of beige. The realtor thinks this is terribly exciting - I guess bland seas of beige are a hot sell. But in the new house we're decorating and I don't care if anyone but us likes it. Anyway, after cleaning all day long the realtor called and said he needed to reschedule the house's photo shoot, so now we'll actually have to KEEP it tidy. This is surely a blessing in disguise, particulary if he takes a few weeks about it.

Last night I yelled at Shawn. Probably I was grouchy from cleaning all day (and cleaning someone else's stuff is always extra annoying) but I felt yukky about it because I almost never yell and when I do it makes me feel sort of sick. My response was kind of a reaction/overreaction to something he said. It wasn't loud scream-yelling... but it was definitely a raised voice and I don't like myself that way. He helped me to calm down, though, instead of yelling back, and that made me feel better. I must be really hard to live with sometimes.

My knees have begun to hurt again since I got back on track with working out. I hope I don't have arthritis. They aren't really bad, just kind of sore, but I should probably go to the doctor eventually and find out why. I hate getting old.


-




No comments: