Monday, January 01, 2007

double 'o' seven

I got back on the treadmill today in a burst of cliché inspired New Year's Resolution type garbage. My lungs were a bit stunned but I felt my quads celebrating the rush of warm moving blood. Like coming back to life after a long cold winter.

I've felt so cold so long... maybe it wasn't so long. It has seemed long. So long.

It isn't a resolution, it's who I am. It's just a place to turn around and come back to who I've always been. It's a strange thing to lose track of yourself in spite of knowing you were right there all along. I can't say I like this version of life as much as I liked the other version but with Forward as the only option, I'm taking it out of pause mode.

We have another week's vacation ahead. This is the right way to ease into a gritty new year.


*

No comments: