Wednesday, June 14, 2006

stray

I gave my notice. There was no drama because no one was there. Instead of any of the drama I had steeled myself for, there was a dark office and quiet. I taped my letter to the door.

Now I have only to work until June 30th and then I will be gone. It's odd that I've been focused so much on what happens before I go and what happens when I get back. Trying to imagine what happens while I'm gone frightens me somewhat. I haven't travelled alone before.

I haven't told my students, yet, that I won't be back. Barb's last day is the same as mine, and so we decided to tell them at the same time, pull the bandaid off with one sharp tug. Better to adapt to all the changes at once, perhaps, than to hear about them slowly one by one. There will be a lot for them to get used to. New teachers is only the beginning.

S and I are a taking a running class. We signed up with the Running Room to do their "Learn to Run" program. This might be wasteful in that I have in fact been running for a long time... but I've never had any instruction or coaching, so it is my hope that the class will be able to teach me how to run better. As well, the fact that S agreed to take the class with me is kind of shocking. He hates running. In an ideal world, he learns to love it and starts running with me all the time. I don't expect it, but I hope it. It looks like it's going to rain. How apt. Might as well make it a challenge.

I'm hoping that running will burn off some of the nervous energy that's been eating at me today. I think I consumed too much caffeine. Maybe I'm more stressed that I realise. Today I feel shaky.

No comments: