Saturday, June 17, 2006

short love with a long divorce

I talk a lot about the things I love about my husband. But he's not perfect. There's one thing about him that drives me nuts and makes me want to scream. He cannot seem to change it no matter how much I ask.

He always puts lids and jars on too tight so I can't get them back off. When I want a glass of pop, I have to wait for him to come home because he puts the lid on so tightly that no amount of struggling, banging and running under hot water will help. One time he screwed the gas cap back on the car so hard that I couldn't get it off when I needed to fill up.

Today when I tried to use the "Spot-Bot" to clean up (yet another) puppy pee spot, I couldn't remove the cap on the solution compartment OR the water receptacle.

I don't know why he does this. I've asked him to stop it a million times.

So there. I don't like EVERYTHING about my husband.

3 comments:

heartinsanfrancisco said...

My husband does the Same Thing and it drives me crazy, too. He opens jars and bottles for me, then screws the lids back on so tightly that they're still useless, only now I feel weak and helpless besides. AND the gas cap, as well as the hand brake for good measure.

I think it's testosterone run amok.

mischief said...

A solution - I have been stirring estrogen-replacement pills into his coffee and find that he's stopped screwing the caps on too tightly. As well, he has grown some very pretty boobies. :)

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Methinks thou art onto something, M'Lady. Wouldst that I had thought of such delicious mischief myself.