Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Shadow

My first meeting with the team felt very positive. They are either people who genuinely practice a lot of self-care and are extremely mellow, or perhaps they were high. Normally a job interview makes my heart a bit racy and I talk too fast. But these women made me feel calm and quite relaxed. We agreed to proceed to a formal interview in two weeks. I am making a mental note not to say "shit" in the formal interview, as in, "let's get shit done", because I said that in the last one and I don't know if I have the right audience for this kind of thing. Sometimes I forget that other people don't swear all the time. S says that I am going on to meet (and defeat) the Final Boss. I will not swear in her presence unless she starts it. The doctorate program is really happening. I am really doing it. I haven't found my swear-y comrades in there either - yet. I seem to keep ending up working with religious types who are nice enough, but too nice. I like some edges. (I try to keep my muzzle on in there too.)

No comments: