Sunday, January 08, 2023

Draws a line, draws a crowd, draws a breath

The program has begun in earnest and tech support had finally sorted out the glitches, and I can see my courses. In desperation, I had taken a wild guess at where to start reading and miraculously I got it right, so I was not as far behind as I feared I would be. However, it's fair to say that I do not remember anything about APA formatting and citations, so it took an absurd amount of time for me to write a response to the discussion question for the week. There is a 200 word limit, and yet the question is enormous, and could easily be the topic for a 10 page paper. The question was almost 200 words! I agonized in a way I do not normally agonize over writing, adding and deleting and rewording for a ridiculously long time. But at last it is done, and I am ready, in true nerd fashion, to post my response first thing tomorrow morning. &&& The women I am (supposed to be) team teaching with at the university both bailed on our last meeting. This is typical of them; they have actually cancelled more meetings than they have kept. My insecure inner teenage me wants to assume they hate me and other such self-loathing things, but the fact is they don't know me well enough to hate me and they have been doing this flaky thing since the start. They're just kind of assholes. If I had known this was what it would be like to work with them, I probably would not have taken the job. At the last meeting, they didn't just bail on me, but also on the Associate Director, who seemed miffed. I have a feeling she is going to say something, and I'm glad. My pleas for consideration and professionalism have gone completely unheard. &a&&

No comments: