Wednesday, January 04, 2023

Candle breathing

The doctoral program is now open and we are in "preview" week, the time before instructors start giving assignments and whatnot, in which we keen students are meant to be doing the assigned readings and learning our way around the site. Maddeningly, I continue having technical issues that are preventing me from accessing my courses, and the IT folk aren't particularly helpful, so I am not anticipating a strong start. Maybe things will improve. And maybe they will not. I did manage to attend a Zoom welcome meeting, and listened to the various faculty members talk about how I should be using my time familiarizing myself with the online platform and blah blah blah. I took some deep breaths and familiarized myself with the feelings that always accompany big new steps. New schools, new houses, new jobs, new relationships. They all start out glitchy.

No comments: