Saturday, February 04, 2023

Thinking about thinking

✅ V has decided to declare war on K, the adminstrative officer, and when V declares war there are no holds barred. For several days now I have been cc:ed in various attacks she has made on anyone and anything connected to him. She prefaces her attacks with "you are a respected colleague and this is not about you, however... zing!" It's always something people have done wrong by cooperating with K, contrary to the collective agreement. V knows the collective agreement well, and she may be right about all her grievances. It's a fascinating case study, but also, I am exhausted. ✅Today I taught the Masters class for the whole day, which was also tiring. I have trouble keeping straight all the various agreements that need to be signed. I may have assigned credit to students who have not yet handed in their agreements. My teaching partners continue to flake out on me and I continue to pretend not to be angry. Presumably they are counting on this. ✅ My doctoral work is also making me tired. I love being a student, truly, but I am tired.

No comments: