Friday, July 05, 2013

satyagraha

And The Mountains Echoed was very beautiful, as all his books have been.  Now I am reading something over my head about quantum physics.  I keep going back to quantum physics although I do not understand it because it gives me a sense of being in church (not a little prairie church on the open plains, but a beautiful Italian church with frescoes and the preserved skull of a tiny child martyr)  and having utter confidence in what I am being told without fully absorbing what it all means.  Awe and wonder.  And sometimes joy.


*


This is your vocubulary lesson for the day (based upon the arrogant assumption that if a word is new to me it must also be new to you).  Satyagraha is insistence upon the truth.  Firmness in the pursuit of truth.

I like new words.  I would not like anyone besides Shawn to see me reading in my bed at night.  Hair (usually wet from the shower) twisted up in a tight Olive Oyl knot to prevent it from getting in my face and distracting me.  Kindle glowing in the dark (because I have made the full transition to e-Books as there is no more room in my house for paper books), and phone light also glowing so I can go from Kindle to phone "notes" application to type in (two fingers) new words or phrases that I like and want to remember.  Often salivating and panting slightly with excitement.  Books make me horny.



*


2 comments:

Spindrift said...

lucky Shawn, he can just buy you new editions of dictionaries to get you in the mood ;o)

mischief said...

I like to make things simple. No point in married women playing hard to get.