Friday, July 26, 2013

a nice day to start again

BB got married today.  Fuck cancer.  I love that she is winning.  Shawn drank a lot of gin and was friendly with my colleagues, which was amusing because he has even more disdain for socializing than do I.  The gin helped.  It also helped that RW and his wife were fun, and so were the McDs.  I think Shawn might be better at people-izing than I am.  I wore 3 inch heels (which was ambitious on my part) and was the designated driver.  At this point in life we are not invited to a lot of weddings.  Instead our friends, who are already married, are starting to divorce.  This was a nice change of pace.  The End.


*


4 comments:

Secret Agent Woman said...

Weddings are such an expression of optimism that I enjoy them just for that.

Therese said...

I do request a side bar identifying all these characters in your life.

So the prairie sex was just a dream? You loved someone with monograms.

Honey I don't even know if you're married right now. I hate these gaps in a fascinating person, but then again, a puzzle can be fun.

mischief said...

SAW: Me too. I was actually very happy to be invited to this wedding.


Therese: Really, a side bar? How do I do that? I don't really know how this thing works. I just move words from inside my head to the outside so I can look at them. You do know I started labels specifically because of you, don't you? It's like you're one of those people you pay to get your life all organized and tidy, except that I don't pay you.

meno said...

Just because i don't always know what to say, doesn't mean i'm not fascinated.