Tuesday, July 23, 2013

consumed with what's to transpire

You told me you wanted me to talk to you during sex and I struggled with that request because the thing I most wanted to say was that I was wondering why you had your name, first and last, monogrammed on your winter coat.  You gave me your older coat to wear, also monogrammed, and it felt like your arms around me - almost.  The other thing I tried not to say was I love you because we didn't know each other well enough for that, though I was always convinced afterward that I would have loved you excruciatingly.  I also tried not to ask if we were really going to do this outside in the winter on the prairies, which seemed unnecessarily adventurous.  I said nothing at all, undoubtedly a disappointment, and then woke up.





*

7 comments:

Spindrift said...

I dreamed last night I was Hans Solo. It was all going really well until I got my lightsaber up a tree. I'm not even going to think about what that might mean ;o) tag: dream

Spindrift said...

I dreamed last night I was Hans Solo. It was all going really well until I got my lightsaber stuck up a tree. I'm not even going to think about what that might mean ;o) tag: dream

Spindrift said...

I dreamed last night I was Hans Solo. It was all going really well until I got my lightsaber stuck up in a tree. I'm not even going to think about what that might mean ;o) tag: dream

Spindrift said...

OMG...

mischief said...

Heeheehee. This made me laugh, all of it. Your dream is best left uninterpreted, I think.

Secret Agent Woman said...

I dreamt last nigh that my ex was leaving our practice to go work as a psychologist in a zipper manufacturing company called "ZipIt." I kid you not.

mischief said...

Love it! That's fantastic.