Saturday, June 29, 2013

J and I are close in size.  We frequently share clothing and shoes.  Yesterday she asked me what size shoes her mother wore.  I am sad she does not remember.  I am sad when I think of Colleen's shoes, worn so unevenly because of her broken gait, her feet two different sizes, her left foot scarred from surgeries.  She used to break her toe on a regular basis because she refused to wear the brace that would prevent her toe from bending the wrong direction.  J cannot see these things behind her eyelids anymore.  She is forgetting.




*

4 comments:

Secret Agent Woman said...

Oh, that's sad. It's hard to lose your mother young.

Nic said...

Sending a cuddle

Spindrift said...

through all these experiences she will remember two mothers, the memory of one bleeding into the memory of the other, both in unison guiding her to become the person she will be. And by all accounts, she is already awesome. Well done you!!!

Spindrift said...

Hi Nic ;o)