Tuesday, June 18, 2013

a drinking game

Today one of my twelfth grade boys confessed to me in a moment of pure candor that last night, while feeling overwhelmed about his upcoming final exams, graduation from high school, and moving out of his parents' house to live on the university campus, he watched a documentary about Susan Boyle and went to bed and cried.

a.  I love this kid.

b.  I love that this kid told me something so ridiculous and personal.

c.  I love that he knows I love him enough that I could tease him about it instead of being sympathetic, which, for the record, I am.



*

2 comments:

Secret Agent Woman said...

Aww. Also nice to hear about a tender-hearted boy.

mischief said...

He is a tender-hearted young soul. He is going to be a fantastic teacher when he's done university!