Monday, June 17, 2013

Anticlimactic

In the case of Lisa versus Crazy Sue, Lisa wins.

The school board sent me a letter today stating that the investigator found that there was, indeed, harassment, and stated that disciplinary action will be taken.  That is all.  Nothing to specify what that actually means.

Now I appreciate very much the fact that Crazy Sue, like all of us, is entitled to her privacy, but it would have been nice to have some idea of what's happening now as it impacts me.  I mean, will she go to another school and harass someone else?  Or will she just continue to share the space with me with an administrative direction to quit bugging me?  Or what?  I suppose it will all come out eventually, but it was a little surprising to have such an inconclusive conclusion.

My Department Head suggests that Crazy Sue is probably leaving our school anyway, not because she is being forced to, but because she has decided to.  This guess is based upon the fact that Crazy Sue has been out "sick" for the last couple of weeks but has been coming in to the school in the evenings and removing all her belongings from her classroom.  I think it would be delightful if she would leave and I never saw her again.  I would love it if she would choose to do that, but I would love it even more if administration would tell her to do it.

Anyway, it's over, hallelujah.  Although I have no idea what I've won, I've won.  And at least I now have something official that proves that Crazy Sue was targeting me.  Forcing the administration to examine that and come to a conclusion, the right conclusion, is certainly something.



*confetti*


*


7 comments:

Nic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bee said...

Strange that this subject came up at the unit on Monday. Not sure what it is like over there, but if there has been some upset and a teacher has to leave, they are practically sent to Coventry; nobody is allowed contact, they are not allowed in the school, they cannot see any of the children. It is a horrific way to go after you have worked hard for these kids. It might not be like that over the pond. So yes, I'm so pleased it is over for you, but I can't help feeling a sort of sadness for her. Do you get what I mean? I feel like a crap friend for saying that!

Secret Agent Woman said...

Yay!!! So glad that's finally done with!

mischief said...

Bee, I do understand your empathy, but Coventry isn't far enough away as far as I'm concerned after three years of this. When I put my report together, and saw how much I'd tolerated, I was actually ashamed of myself for being such a wimp for so long. I should never have let it go on as long as I did. I do feel bad for Crazy Sue in that I'm sure she has some kind of unhappiness in her life that makes her so aggressive and hateful, but I can't feel bad that there are consequences for her being so unprofessional and horrible. I don't want to ruin her life or her career. I just want her away from me.

SAW, thank you thank you! I'm so glad it's over with too. I can't believe what a long time it all took, but it's so good to have it conclude the way I wanted it to.

Spindrift said...

Way to go, if you saw her again it would be too soon. Having said that, if you do see her, you could get your own back and do something mature like stick your tongue out at her and waggle your hands behind your head like when you were in the playground, and then say something intelligent like, ner ner, nee, ner, ner...

OR

You could grab her round the neck and say something like, 'if you ever come near me again, I promise, I will kill you' and casually walk off...

Who would believe her!!! hahaha

I have been driving recently because it is a new experience for me and noticing there is a lot of road rage. I have been amazed at how many people are angry when they drive.

Bee said...

I wasn't supporting her. I'm supporting you. I was just saying.

mischief said...

Spindrift, the idea of making a death threat to Crazy Sue really made me giggle. When I talk about her, I liken her to a werewolf, but in reality she looks like a cute, quirky little granny. Threatening her life would just be too funny. It's sad, isn't it, how much anger there is out there in the world, and especially on the road where people feel anonymous.

Bee, I know. You're just one of those empathetic people that cannot help but wonder how the other guy is feeling. I understand. If she hadn't spent the last three years harassing me I'd probably feel the same way.