Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I stayed home from work today.  This was my second sick day since school started in September.  Last time I took the day off because I had to take J to the doctor, and this time because I was waiting for a UPS delivery.  Waiting for a UPS delivery is a ridiculous reason to stay home from work, but so is UPS's system of creating a ten hour window in which they might make a drop off, particularly when you have to sign paperwork.  If you aren't there when they come by, then they try again to deliver the next day, and the next day.  And if you happen to have a full time job then your chances of receiving your parcel are pretty slim.  It's exasperating, really, but the day off was nice.  I cuddled the puppies and watched Judge Judy yell at someone for selecting a babysitter from Craigslist.



*

6 comments:

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Oh, funny. A babysitter from Craig's List. Yikes. I'm sure there are people who have selected "life" partners from there, too.

UPS is maddening, yes.

mischief said...

Craigslist is such a good idea, in theory.

I always envy Judge Judy her job. It seems like it would be so much fun to yell at idiots and make them pay. But maybe the novelty wears off. She sure is grouchy.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

You'd be, too, if you had to deal with lowlife morons on loan from Jerry Springer all day.

mischief said...

That's probably true. I wonder why people go on that show knowing that she's inevitably going to shout at them. Maybe they're not smart enough to realise.

Jerry said...

I thought UPS would leave a notice of attempted delivery, but if you signed the notice and put it out, they would deliver the package.

I don't know this for a fact. In fact, I don't know how I know it. Hmmm...it could be true.

mischief said...

Only if the sender didn't require a signature... which this one did. SIgning the paper wasn't good enough because they wanted my signature on one of those electronic things. I think you're making up stuff, actually.