Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Cesar

Cesar is from the Phillipines, and I may have made up the story that he was an engineer there.  But it might be true, it could be.  His first language is Tagalog, and his accent is beautiful.  Every morning when I pass him the cafeteria hallway as he begins setting up tables for the day and sweeping the spotless shiny floor, he tells me how many days are left until the weekend.  And on short weeks he tells me which day will be a day off, but he presents this information as though he is my boss, Three more days; I give you Friday.  I like Cesar very much.


*

3 comments:

Jerry said...

I like him too. He is a gentle present for you every day.

J.B. Chicoine said...

Everyone here sounds the same...except us, but I don't think we have the effect on people that Caesar does...

Nic said...

Dear lord. I thought you were talking about Julius. Philippines and engineer should have given it away. Sadly, it didn't.

:-/ P xx