Wednesday, June 30, 2010

You don't believe anyone but most of all don't believe me.

Monday night was awards night. The staff at my school really know how to run themselves into the ground at the end of June. I went, I wore grownup clothes, I handed out stuff, I smiled, more pictures, more nicey-nice. And now it's done until September.

Feeling a little more normal now though the hay fever is threatening to drown me. Shawn brought home Indian food which pulled me out of my newly developed eating disorder. I've decided not become anorexic after all; I just sometimes forget that I like food. Sometimes I get detached from my sensory world which feels odd because most of the time it is the focus of the best part of my attention. But every once in awhile I get separated from that part of myself. Somehow.



*

10 comments:

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I get this because I am a compulsive starver - I only eat when all the signs are right. When depressed, I also forget to eat, or that I like food. But Indian food is a very good way to rejoin the living.

mischief said...

"Compulsive starver", that's the perfect description for it. I'm the exact opposite of people who eat for comfort. Do you mean you eat (or don't) this way all the time? Or just in times of stress? Do you need an Indian food intervention too?

mischief said...

(I have leftovers.)

Brown said...

Mmmmm...Indian food. Sometimes I like to put a bunch of ingredients on a piece of naan, roll it up, and eat it like a burrito.

mischief said...

Sounds like we should, the three of us, have a little picnic.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Now that's a fine idea. I coined the phrase "compulsive starver" years ago when I realized that I did the opposite of most people who EAT compulsively when they're upset.

I don't have any food issues as such, am not bulemic, anorexic, nor do I have a distorted body image. I just lose my appetite when I'm depressed.

Now about that picnic...

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Hey, Girl, you didn't have to delete your comment on my blog post. It was a good one, and you never have to stick to the issue at my place. In fact, it's far more interesting when people don't.

mischief said...

Hah, it occurred to me that rather than apologizing for going off topic I could just *not* go off topic... also didn't want your other commenter to think I was making fun of her comment. Over-thinking, methinks.

Slyde said...

wow, i never heard it put that way, but i am a compulsive starver as well..

mischief said...

Huh, I think we have enough to form a support group. Let's make it a potluck kind of thing?