Saturday, May 29, 2010

hang me up and out to dry

There are three weeks left in this school year, three weeks left with teenagers. Then another week and a bit of empty sleepy building. I always wonder what other people are doing with that week of time because everyone looks so busy. I lock myself in my office when I'm not stealing zebras so people cannot see that I am wasting time. That sort of thing causes resentments. People want to feel that everyone else is just as miserable as they are for their pay.

I'm looking forward to being finished with the teenagers; they're getting on my nerves. A couple of them in particular.

*



Last night I nearly lost my engagement ring down the shower drain. I saved it in the nick of time. This would have been the second time I lost my engagement ring this way - and by this point Shawn would have been justified in un-engaging me. I have had this ring sized twice already but it seems to be rejecting. (A little late now.) When I was a child I used to wonder why the stone on my mother's engagement ring was perpetually turned to the side, why it slipped instead of staying straight, but now I see the same thing is happening to my hands as I age. Getting bony like an old nag- and the rings slip sideways. Or off. Whatever.


*



I have a psychology assignment that is due today that I have not even started. My motivation is dwindling. I will get it done but it won't be very good, and I don't particularly care. It's one of those Pass/Fail things that don't inspire a whole lot of creative energy. I'm very much like the teenagers that irritate me, shooting for the lowest spot I can hit while making it over the bar. But why? I wasn't thinking like this a few months ago. I think I'm getting tired. Or maybe I was thinking like this and I just don't remember.



*

No comments: