Monday, April 12, 2010

Today I decided to answer the phone when C called which is something I have not done since August. I haven't spoken to her in about eight months. I didn't want to speak to her now either because I have grown fond of being able to draw a deep breath once again but she has been phoning incessantly asking for me. Sometimes I think about what the last thing I will have said to her will be when she dies. For that reason I try to keep it gentle, but it's only for the benefit of my conscience because she won't remember what I have said to her more than a few minutes. The last thing I said to her was okay. I said Okay. If that's it, I'm okay with that.



*


Yann Martel and Cyprus Hill together on Strombo tonight. Strange combination. Martel's new book is being released tomorrow. I want to watch but I want to go to bed more. I don't know how to work the PVR properly but Shawn says he'll do it for me. Sometimes he's even more useful than decorative. Why am I so tired?


*

4 comments:

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Did C have a request for you? It's such a sad situation, and the stress must be unbearable.

mischief said...

She wanted to know if I would be there for her to talk to once in awhile while she is in recovery. I said okay but I do not believe she is in recovery. But I would, if she was. We've been down this road many many times. It is not as stressful as it used to be since I figured out how to love her from far away.

Anonymous said...

After watching What the Bleep Do We Know? (at your recommendation), I have taped the words LOVE, JOY and HEALTH on the terrariums where the indoor turtles live.

mischief said...

I love this. I LOVE, JOY, and HEALTH this. The turtles will thrive, and so will you. I used to tape pictures that I drew of bacon, eggs, and coffee on the ceiling of my car. It was the same idea, minus the health. I think it helps. In fact I know it does.