Saturday, October 31, 2009

in the dark

Chris phoned to talk to me about priorities and quality of sleep versus hours of sleep. I assumed he hadn't read the literature before writing his review of it but now I think I underestimated him. He speaks very intelligently on the subject, he just refuses to put it in writing. My assumption was based on his lack of tangible output which seems reasonable until I notice that I barely understand the words I've written myself and that being able to talk about the subject without a script is far more indicative of understanding. If only I could simply transcribe his words instead of having to think about them I could finish this research project today. He probably wouldn't even notice I wasn't contributing anything more than keyboarding skills, he'd be so glad not to have to type, as long as the keys didn't drown out the sound of his own voice.

He cautiously asked if he could edit out some of my less relevant responses to the survey we wrote. I stopped myself from mentioning that I'd thought I had already done that. My irrelevance doesn't know its own strength.


*

Just as I was closing in on something important, I no longer have morning darkness. I hate Daylight Savings and I hate the end of Daylight Savings. I appreciate the extra hour of weekend very much but I do not appreciate having to adjust to waking up in the dark twice.



*

No comments: