Friday, September 04, 2009

Sorry I can't take your call right now, I'm too busy raising your child to come to the phone.

C has been calling a lot, leaving a lot of miserable sobbing messages on the machine for Little J, begging her to call, reminding her of how happy they were together when Little J was littler, asking how she could possibly not want to talk to her own adoring mother.

I don't let Little J listen to the messages. I just tell her, "Your mom called and wants you to call back," then leave it to her to decide what to do with it. More often than not she chooses not to do anything at all. I wouldn't either.

*

A guilty pleasure:

A collection agency has been calling the house asking if I know how to contact C. Yesterday, in the spirit of returning the favour, since she's decided we should be bothered by Child Protective Services, I decided to go ahead and give the collection agency her number. Yeah, I'll probably have trouble defending that one when I'm accounting for all my earthly sins, but whatever. I deserve to have some fun once in awhile.


*

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Telling the truth when asked a question is no sin, my dear. You did the right thing, the gleeful smile and satisfaction I'm sure you had was a bonus!