Wednesday, December 24, 2008

oiseaux

It snowed again last night and we've gone from knee deep snow to thigh deep, and it's still coming down fast. Christmas Eve shoppers are going to be in big trouble this year because it's pretty impossible driving conditions right now.

Shawn's stepmom called last night to ask him to go out today to pick up a gift for her dad because she wasn't sure which thing to get. It's some kind of computery gadget, and Shawn's the King of that. He said he would go... not anticipating what the world would look like when we woke up in the morning. Being a man of his word, he's now in the car wending his way to Best Buy. I am half expecting him to phone and tell me he's gotten the car stuck somewhere. The good news is that he probably can't drive any faster than 20k so I don't really have so much fear of a car accident.

Little J and her mother are supposed to have a Christmas visit today and I am uncertain that will happen either. I can't see how they're going to get across the bridges in this. This may result in some drama.

*


The birds have been so hungry since this crazy weather began and I think I am the only one in the neighbourhood who is still going out to fill up the bird feeders. This morning I waded through snow literally covering my thighs to get to the feeders. The birds were so hungry they didn't even leave the tree the feeder was in. They stayed just a few feet away and watched me. I felt like Snow White. (Is it Snow White?) If only one had landed on my head I would have burst into song.




*

No comments: