Friday, October 24, 2008

You're not the truth.

I awoke from a nightmare with one of the pup's legs draped over my arm. In my dream it had been C pulling my arm, fighting with me about something.

*

Today we are supposed to be doing professional development. In this district, unlike others in which I have worked, we are permitted (and trusted, at least to some degree) to find our own professional development activities. Some people opt for more formal things like conferences and conventions with hotels and catered meals. I chose to stay home. I am professionally developing myself by working on my Masters degree. I've spent most of the morning writing a paper which isn't even going to be graded, but is required anyway, to prove that I know how to write papers. Frustrating but necessary.

*

Shawn took the day off so we could go to the lawyers' offices this afternoon to read and sign our new affidavits. It looks like court will be next Friday, seven days from now. Maybe Thursday. Last night C phoned and told Little J that she would be showing up with the police some time this week to force us to let her go back to her. Although this is nonsense (because we already have temporary legal custody), Little J didn't realise that it was nonsense and became upset and sick to her stomach.

On our lawyer's advice we told Colleen she would not receive a visit with little J this weekend and she responded to this with all kinds of threats and got her Hairy Scary Boyfriend on the phone to tell me he was going to see that the visit happened "one way or another". Wonderful. So now we're walking on eggshells waiting for someone to break down our door or attack us when we walk from the front door to the car.


*

My dad's results should be in on Monday. We need him to be well.

*

I am so tired.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is this court date for? (if you feel comfortable disclosing) Best wishes on the best outcome. I feel so bad for little J and so good, all at once.

mischief said...

Thanks Ivy. We are going to court to ask the judge to extend our temporary custody order for as long as possible, hopefully until the end of her school year.