Thursday, October 02, 2008

give me one reason to stay here

Oddly enough, the university decided to time the beginning of the new course to coincide with their server updates, so it is actually not possible to begin my coursework in spite of the fact that assignments have been given and due dates assigned. It's a bizarre thing and I can only assume that the two departments making these decisions do not communicate with each other. Yesterday I was fortunate enough to log into the course an hour before the server disappeared so I was able to do most of the very first lesson, which will put me miles ahead of the pack by October 6th when things are supposed to be back up and running. I'm definitely not impressed.


*

Big J came back yesterday night from his trip back home and he brought T with him. I didn't know T was coming or would be staying with us, so it was mildly surprising to find him sitting at the kitchen table drinking a cup of coffee when I came downstairs this morning. Life is so much more filled with adventures when you have more people under your roof. Sometimes I miss the peace and predictability of my old life. But the karma points must be worth something in the long run.


*

No comments: