Wednesday, December 18, 2013

tow the line to tax the time

Staying true to my Be More Assertive Plan, I decided to tell my principal, today, that I am going to be looking at the job postings and possibly applying elsewhere next year.  I told her this is directly because she does not allow the counsellors to bring me in to cover for them when they are away the way the previous principal did.

She said okay.

It wasn't a satisfying conversation, but I did not expect it to be.  This principal is not the sensitive type.  She sees people as commodities that are useful, or are not.  When one is not functioning the way she wants it to, she replaces it.  If I want to teach Theatre, I am functioning correctly.  If I want to change to Counselling I am of no use and I can leave.  I knew this was going to be her reaction, but I decided to tell her anyway, just because I want to be a person who tells people how I feel, even if they choose not to care.  Expressing wishes is somewhat new to me.


*

1 comment:

Secret Agent Woman said...

Good for you. I hope you find another position that brings you more joy.