Tuesday, December 17, 2013

three more days

We don't like their counter offer.  We don't like it so much that we may not carry on negotiating.  Maybe we will just walk away and look for something else.  It is a nice feeling to feel free to do that, when you are not under the gun to find something quickly.  Now we are in thinking mode.


*

Non-Crazy Jennifer told me today that she may not be coming back to our school after the Winter break.  She has been offered something else, or might be offered something else, not sure which.  She was being intentionally vague.  Either way, I do not particularly care.  She is nice enough, but I do not like her as much as she likes herself.  So whatever.  Hello, goodbye.  Just don't let Crazy Sue back in.


*

One of my students is very angry with me for not casting him as a lead in the next play.  I should be accustomed to this by now, but it bothers me every time it happens.  I do not really want to teach theatre anymore.  Or at least, I do not really want to direct any more school plays.


*





2 comments:

Nic said...

I'm not sure what to say to any of these posts really. It doesn't quite feel like I'm listening to you. Perhaps it's me, I don't know. It's strange. But I don't think I have anything...erm...suitable to say. Or appropriate. Or something that won't piss you off. Or just crap. Even saying this seems oddly scary. So I'll wave hello instead and then run away. I hope you, J, S and the doggies have a lovely Christmas. Lots of love. xx

mischief said...

Love to you too. And to sweet Dolly with her old man eyebrows. I'm not sure why you feel I am so far from myself lately but I do believe you, I do. You probably have a better sense of this sort of thing than I have. I wonder if I have changed in a permanent way or if this is just unwinding from work and madness. Maybe it's a good thing I change; not sure that who I have been in so particularly worth holding on to.