Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I hate it when parents lie for their kids.  Yesterday a kid missed play rehearsal and told me that she had hurt herself at school and was going to see a doctor.  Then she proceeded, throughout the rehearsal, to post pictures of herself on Facebook smoking pot with her friends.  Idiot.  Of course the kids in the rehearsal saw the pictures right away and showed me.

I called her mother today and her mother lied for her.  Said it was impossible that she was smoking pot with her friends after school because she had taken her to the doctor for her injury.  The pictures had to be from another day and she just elected to post them while she was at the doctor's office.  For crying out loud.  Oh yeah, and she doesn't smoke pot.  There are some kind of mysterious vapour things that kids put in their mouths to pretend they're smoking.  Didn't I know that?  Oh yeah, vapours are all the rage.

This kind of stuff is so irritating.  I'm not the police, and I don't actually give a rat's ass who is smoking pot after school.  I just want them to show up for rehearsal and smoke afterward on their own time.  And not lie to me about it.  Or have their parents lie to me about it.  What kind of idiot parent does that, anyway?



*


2 comments:

Bee said...

Had it all the time, where I was. It is so much easier to lie than admit that, just perhaps, a bit of your parenting is shit. Or the majority. Or all of it.

mischief said...

I guess that's probably it. She probably got the pot from her mother, which would necessitate lying about it. Sometimes the human race seems beyond redemption.