Sunday, June 03, 2012

reflections of pop culture

There are twelve days left in our school year.  Twelve days of classes, that is, and then exams and meetings and all the drudgery that finishes things off until the end of the month.  But it's the twelve days that are the challenge.  I will only be attending twelve of those ten days because I have booked off two days for my Holter Monitor test.  One day it will be attached, and the following day it will be removed.  Sad that I would rather be at the doctor's office than at work right now, but that's how I feel.  I'm tired.

It's hard to stay motivated at the end of the year.  The students start behaving more wildly than usual when present, and they also start skipping class in droves.  I could see being pleased by this if I was a math teacher because only the academic types would be present, making my job easier and more pleasant.  But in Drama, when the clowns are missing, the atmosphere is actually a little lacking.  I struggle with the urge to become one of those lazy teachers that plays irrelevant movies so she can nap in the dark at the back of the room.



*

delete


*


Shawn is taking his car in to be fixed tomorrow, which means he will be in a courtesy car the rest of the week.  I do not look forward to hearing how he feels about the courtesy car.  This has been a horrendous couple of years for me where it comes to driving.  After driving twenty years with a spotless record, I suddenly keep backing up into things.  The most recent time I backed up into Shawn's car.  I don't know what on earth is wrong with me, but it's costing a lot of money that would better be spent on shoes.


*

6 comments:

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I very much hope that whatever is "wrong" with you is simply fatigue and burnout, and that the summer will restore your health and good spirits.
Good luck with the test, Lisa!
xxx

heartinsanfrancisco said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nic said...

You are attending 12 of the 10 days? Good grief, you do work hard! :-P

mischief said...

Thank you Susan! I hope so too... June is always exhausting as things are crazy and winding down at the same time. xx

Nic, there you have it. Further proof that my mind is shot. I never was any good at math. xx

Jerry said...

Aw. Now I understand. You back into things so you need a heart monitor. Now it's all clear.

Please tell us the results...you're just pooped. Right?

mischief said...

Your theory makes perfect sense to me.