Monday, September 20, 2010

you'll look like a photograph of yourself taken from far far away

Picture day. My school very generously buys a small package of pictures for every staff member which I find bizarre. Do adult people really want portraits of themselves? I have three years worth of them in my desk drawer.

2007- That was the year I moved here and was caught in a rain storm walking to school on picture day. My hair in that photo is like a wild animal trying to escape the confines of the cage the picture frame tried to impose upon it.

2008 - That was the year the office manager gave me about fifteen keys on a ring for the theatre because she finally decided to trust me. I must have been proud of that ring of keys because I am wearing it around my neck in this photo looking a bit like Flavor Flav with his giant clock. I know what time it is.

2009 - That was the year I returned to work ghostly and wan after spending half the summer staying in my parents' basement while attending university summer institute. This picture is classic Dorian Gray; it reveals what I will look like when I am eighty.

2010 - I do not know what today's picture captured but I am fairly sure it was something I meant to keep to myself.




*

7 comments:

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Sometimes I already look like I will when I'm eighty. Because I'm precocious.

What would it take to get you to post a picture?

secret agent woman said...

Ooh, ooh - photos should definitely accompany this post!!

mischief said...

Susan... I *knew* you were gifted.

I am thinking about pictures. I do not think I have ever posted a picture in here that was not cropped beyond recognition. Scary. But sometimes I do scary things. I'm thinking.

Ellen said...

i want a picture..i have an empty frame that needs you. xx

glnroz said...

Ms. Misschef,
do you talk really fast? I happen by here from "Jerry's" blog. He is a spy. He made me discover that I may be The KIng Of Tejas(Texas) with his post. I jumped to your site because of your comment. oh my orignal question, for some reason i want to read your posts at 83 miles per hour. I enjoyed...oh and you are invited to visit my blog,, only if you would like.. thnxk glenn

mischief said...

Hi glenn,
Oh your question made me laugh. I *do* talk really fast, too fast to be honest with you, so fast that people often stop me and ask me to start over. Hilarious that you can get that from reading me. Congratulations on being the King of Texas. Sounds like a big job.

Lisa

mischief said...

Kels, for your frame. xx (Remember I am usually played by Danny DeVito.)