Sunday, September 05, 2010

I'm not sick, but I'm not well.

I have been doing something bad. You know those scammers that send you email telling you that they have 12 million dollars coming to them and they just need you to cash a small cheque and for your trouble they'll give you a cool million? Well I have been playing with one of those scammers. He started writing to me a couple of months ago, telling me how he needs my help and I have been writing back to him with questions about how to complete his requests, promising him I'm going to do it soon. He keeps urging me to hurry and offering me more incentives and more sad stories about how desperately he needs this money because his mother needs surgery and he is trapped in a foreign country and blah blah blah. I keep writing back telling him I'm going to go to the bank tomorrow but I just need him to give me a little more information or a bit more clarification.

He's getting impatient with me, I can tell, and sadly I think our pen pal relationship is nearly finished. He's losing faith in me and our summer together is nearly over. I know this has been twisted and wrong but I cannot feel bad for wasting this man's time when it's been so much fun. I have enjoyed getting his hopes up and making him think he's nearly there and then letting him down over and over again. I really really need to go back to work.



*

5 comments:

AC said...

LOL diabolical, I love it. Dude deserves to be screwed with and I think you are the best screw-er for the job! :)

(ehC)

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Oh, dear, I chuckled all through this, thinking that I wasn't right, either.

I got one the other day which informed me that my email had won $349,000,37 or some such oddball amount. Apparently I deleted it. I have always been careless with money.

mischief said...

Ace- thanks, I think. I do not normally take pleasure in screwing with people but I guess there are exceptions to every rule.


Susan - Imagine, with $349,000,37, you could have bought yourself someone to make you Chinese food right in your own (newly remodeled) kitchen. Easy come, easy go.

secret agent woman said...

You may need to get back to work but you sure don't need to feel bad. Con artists don't deserve good treatment.

mischief said...

I am back at work now and went through a whole day without thinking about my pen pal. I have a feeling he did not miss me much. I don't really feel bad for either of us.