Thursday, September 16, 2010

I swear I'm going to bite you hard

Jenny is coming to visit me this weekend. I was not able to see her this summer when I was visiting home, and I am so happy she is coming here. I love Jenny, love love love Jenny. I met Jenny about twelve years ago when we both belonged to the same acting ensemble company. We toured together, we slept in the same bed, we missed planes together, we ate the world's best stuffed mushrooms in a restaurant in a tiny town near the North West Territories. Most importantly, we wrote together. We wrote a script together which was successful enough to allow us to live like this, on tour, though neither of us wanted to, for a good long time. I love Jenny.

Jenny is the smartest person I know when it comes to words. She knows how to put words together so they say exactly what she means with not even the slightest room for misunderstanding. Her words are razor sharp, like Brynja's shoes. When I write with Jenny I am excited about writing because I love making her laugh, I love trying to match her wordplay. Jenny is the funniest person in the entire world. I'm sorry that you haven't met her because you deserve a good laugh. Jenny words things in ways that make me laugh until I feel pain because Jenny, of all the people in the world, is the one who best understands both the subtlety and the power words contain - and knows exactly how to select the ones that connect a person with all the senses. When I can make Jenny laugh with my words I feel as though I have accomplished something very impressive.

Another thing about Jenny is that she is a single mom. When she decided at thirty-five that the right man wasn't going to happen in time she went and paid for IVF and became pregnant with her little girl. All very businesslike and decisive. And I do not think there is a better mother anywhere. Jenny and Baby N will be here tomorrow in time for dinner.

This means I have to do things I do not normally do - like vacuum the floor and think about what we will eat for dinner. But it's worth it. Maybe I will be one of those exuberant airport lunatics jumping up and down and waving a big sign that says WELCOME JENNY!!!! Probably not... because I am too lazy to make a sign and have to be in the right mood to jump. But that's how I'll feel anyway.



*

7 comments:

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Jenny sounds truly wondrous and incredible. It wouldn't surprise me if she said many of those same things about you, though. Just reading this made ME want to jump up and down, so enjoy her visit and laugh until I can hear you from here.

secret agent woman said...

Oh, you're going to have a fabulous time! Yay!

Ellen said...

Have fun with Jenny, and quiz her and give me all the IVF answers. I bet she has the words i need! Love ya!

Jerry said...

What is the wonderful part is that the two of you together is exuberant. I look forward to hearing of your adventures.

mischief said...

Thank you! We did have fun, so much fun. She was wonderful, as always, and her little girl was great. I am so glad she was able to make the trip. Kels, I was mistaken when I said IVF; it was IUI (less expensive) and she said it worked on the third try.

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.

mischief said...

You are so welcome.