Sunday, November 29, 2009

tired forms of self-immolation

[4=] This is a physical experiment.


*

Reclusiveness is like my expired membership to The Underground with a dwindling clientele that represents a small group of people who no longer think Perry Farrell is the answer to every question. I'm going to knock it off for awhile.

Maybe this sounds like the brink of a new life. It's not. It means I hung out with a bunch of hens from work and made Christmas cookies. Having accepted this invitation three years running, I decided to try something new and show up.

I don't even particularly like cookies. But I'm trying to figure something out.

I came home with 60=5x12 little cookies and played mini golf with them in the garburator from various points in the kitchen. With 60 shots, I got pretty good at it.

It also means I accepted the invitation to the staff Christmas party this year. I think I'm going to go too- unless something drastic changes inside my brain in the next two weeks.

I have a black dress I've worn to six funerals since 1992 and I think it would like to go somewhere a little more upbeat for a change. Isn't it weird that there are clothes that can be worn both to funerals AND Christmas parties? Is it possible I was scandalously dressed for those funerals? I know I behaved scandalously at one of them. Actually two.

*
I accidentally took the wrong iPod out running tonight. In addition to Hilary Duff and Britney Spears, Little J is listening to D12. I find this extremely funny.

*

4 comments:

heartinsanfrancisco said...

It must be a great dress if it can do both funerals and Christmas parties. When I was a child, I often confused funerals and weddings, to my mother's chagrin. (I think now that I was showing an early prescience, but we won't go there.)

I would hope the deceased appreciated your scandalous behavior, even if the living did not.

mischief said...

There's a lot of fun to be had at both events if you're not too directly impacted by them. My scandalous behaviour was undoubtedly enjoyed by one of those most immediately impacted, but the other one was just embarrassing for all of us, myself most of all. I'm still standing by my actions as having been necessary in order to make the event more live-through-able. You're making me want to go back and ask other people what they thought...

Katrice said...

Okay, so I'm not the only one who'd rather eat glass than go to social functions. I feel a little less wrong!

mischief said...

If the cookie recipes themselves had called for broken glass the whole experience couldn't have been less appetizing.