Friday, November 20, 2009

My Benjamina tree is dying. Or maybe it's just depressed by the lack of light since we entered Rainy. It's dropping more leaves every day. I'm tucking them back in the soil and hoping that this somehow helps, this kind of recycling.

Little J's cat is outraged that I'm home on a work day, interrupting his routine. I've trapped him in the laundry room so he won't escape when the doorbell rings, and he's scratching the door and saying, Whyyyy? Ohhhhh... Whyyyyy? The pups are asleep dreaming of sleeping.

It's so quiet. Especially when the cat gives up. I want to hold him but he's not that kind of cat, and I don't even like cats.

Waiting for the doorbell keeps me awake and feeling cold. My perception of cold has changed so much since we moved here. In Montreal I would have run a fever effortlessly.

I wish I had a V in my name so I could listen to it become a W in Ravi's mouth.




*

No comments: