Tuesday, May 12, 2009

wherever the highways go

I went jogging tonight, inspired by the course I'm taking in which the author of the text expounds a great deal on how important it is for those doing the counselling to have their own lives in balance before professing to be able to help others achieve the same. Reading through the chapter on integrative therapy, it really hit home how much I've let my life slide out of balance. I work and I study. That's it. I've lost track of the part of me that used to love to exercise.

So I decided to get focused again, back in balance. There are ways I can manage all my responsibilities and still take care of myself if I get a little more organized. Now the weather is nice and the days are longer. I can do this. So I'm back on the wagon. Errr... pavement.

The run was HARD, I'm not going to lie. I've lost a lot of my cardio capacity. I have a lot of work ahead of me.



*

No comments: