Friday, May 08, 2009

if wishes were fishes

C called tonight with a bizarre story of stolen methadone prescriptions and flushed drugs and fighting and drama and chaos. It's all such nonsense that I couldn't be further away without falling off the edge of the planet. She still thinks it's only a matter of thirty days or so until she can have her daughter home with her.

These assertions used to bother me. I've grown complacent enough to admit that in some ways this addiction has already taken her from us. Like the Rocking Horse Winner, I could close my eyes and wish for her to have a painless release.



*

1 comment:

Ellen said...

thanks for the kick, my friend. I love you, and appreciate you. I want to try your advice but there are things that stand in the way of a clean break. let's talk soon

~hugging you tight~