Saturday, May 30, 2009

mixing up the medicine

C called this morning to try and reschedule her planned visit with J. Because we'd already arranged other plans around this one, it wasn't possible to reschedule. C went off on a tirade about how soon J will be back home with her, how the courts will see it her way, blah blah blah. It's been almost a year now and she's been dead wrong about everything from start to finish, so I don't know why I still let myself get rattled by these kinds of conversations, or why I even participate in them.

But it's a problem I've had for a long time, that I want other people to see the same version of reality that I see. Instead of being able to be content in knowing that I know, I want everyone else to see the same thing. I don't know why it matters because it doesn't change outcomes. But I haven't figured out how to stop caring about it.





*

No comments: