Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Today something exciting happened. With unanswered questions on my mind, I decided to send an email to a rather famous psychologist, thinking I'd like to ask him my questions directly rather than do research and form some kind of half-baked opinions about the questions based on my own guesses about what he was thinking. So maybe there's something to be learned from doing the research and forcing my brain to formulate its own inferences, but I was excited that this psychologist actually wrote back to me and answered my questions and referred me to some of his other writings that would also help provide more information about what I was looking for. Fantastic.

In theatre, people who chase actors have a name. Starfuckers. And I kind of felt that way about talking directly with this psychologist who is something of a star, at least to me, at least within the psychological community.

No comments: