Friday, February 20, 2009

unequivocally

This week has been busy. First there were the rehearsals for Dry Grad. (Dry Grad offends me, largely because it's not "dry" and largely because its coordinator seemed drunk during the show.)

Today we had a tech rehearsal for the One Act Festival. Gawd, I love my little tech crew. In retrospect I know I pursued the wrong aspect of theatre. I always ask kids to consider whether they're serious about acting or whether they just really really want a lot of attention. And in fact if I'd considered that question myself at their age, I'd probably have become a lighting or a sound operator instead of an actor in university.

I love my little tech crew.

They were so delighted by the tech booth that they took pictures of it on their cell phones to post on their Facebook pages. Too cute. Sometimes I want to stroke R~'s hair (but that's a weird thing to say). I don't mean it in a weird way. It's just because he's so sweet. And P, talking to his mom in Mandarin on his cell phone in my car.... "blah blah blah 100th Avenue and 55 Street blah blah blah". I wonder why I was so dumb in high school that I wanted to love actors and wanted them to love me. I look at my tech crew... and see the same thing these generations later. Girls don't love these boys. And yet, they really are the most lovable ones. They're the ones who have substance and character and personality. They're the ones who love themselves enough not to need the spotlight to be on them. They're the ones who really have the courage. (Rawwwweeeeer)

So tomorrow afternoon I'm giving up part of my weekend to attend the One Act Festival with my maniacs.

And Sunday I am "supervising" a visit between Little J and C. (This may be sheer stupidity. We'll see.)

And after that... the rest of the day is dedicated to writing a paper worth 25% of my final grade in this course. So shhhhhh.



*

No comments: