Saturday, June 09, 2007

closed lips



These are pictures of where we are going to be living, just outside Vancouver, BC. We have agreed that we don't want to live downtown at all, and this means Shawn can ride the skytrain to work. He finished negotiating conditions on Friday and has given his current employer thirty days notice.

These are pictures of where we live now in the grasslands of Alberta where it's winter most of the time and it's so arid that you must drink seventy-six gallons of water every day just to stay alive. There are some nice things about the prairies too, though, like the beautiful great big sky and the canola fields in the summer, but somehow leaving here doesn't seem nearly so hard now that I've already left my first home. The hard part, of course, is going to be living apart again while things get settled here. I hope this time it won't be as long.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just got the pictures back from the trip we took to Canada last summer. It's so lovely. Vancouver is like Seattle with all the lousy parts missing.

mischief said...

I'm so pleased that I'll be close enough to Seattle to learn about its lousy parts. The one time I was there I thought it was quite perfect but that's probably because I was on vacation and doing touristy things. I'm looking forward to seeking out that which I don't know.

KellieRae said...

I'm very glad you'll be so close to Seattle...

Love,

E

mischief said...

Everyone I want to meet lives in Seattle. :)